Important Steps To Achieve A Whiter, Brighter Smile
Achieving a brilliantly white smile is the boost needed to portray confidence, make great first-impressions, communicate your youthful vigor, and bring out your true persona. However, there are many factors that can hinder that dazzle in your grin, including:
- Consumption of stained foods and drinks
- Use of tobacco products
There are ways you can minimize your teeth from discoloring, and to keep that shine in your smile.
Skip the tobacco
It is easier said than done, but tobacco creates the brown stains on your teeth, making you look years older and communicating poor health. We encourage you to get the resources you need to drop the tobacco habit, and your teeth will thank you with a brighter grin.
Adjustments make all the difference
Some foods and drinks can darken your teeth over a period of time. Some of these foods and drinks include:
- Red wine
- Sauces – soy, tomato sauce
- Black coffee
- Black tea
- Dark colored berries – particularly blueberries and raspberries
Here’s a reminder: If it can stain your favorite shirt, it can stain your teeth.
However, it’s difficult to kick-off these delicious foods from our diet. By making adjustments to our diet, we can encourage whiter teeth and keep our taste-buds happy. Some adjustments include:
- Lighten up your coffee by adding some milk
- Drink light colored teas such as green tea
- Instead of rich red wine, switch it up to sweet white wine
- Drink dark beverages with a straw to avoid contact with the front of your teeth
- Brush your teeth after eating a filling, but staining meal
- Swish water around to remove any stain-causing debris in the mouth
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate the production of saliva
Bright smiles do diminish over time despite our best efforts. However, our cosmetic dentistry can fix that. As Visalia’s expert cosmetic dentist, Dr. Bodensteiner offers plenty of options to craft the smile of your dreams. Say good-bye to stained and dull teeth with:
- Porcelain veneers: Thin, but durable tooth colored shells cover up any tooth blemishes!
- Professional teeth whitening: Boost the watts in your smile in just one office visit!
- Smile design: Dr. Bodensteiner uses a variety of techniques to craft your Hollywood smile!
Do not hesitate any longer! Put your best smile forward with these important steps, and give us a call to see how we can apply cosmetic dentistry into your smile!