What’s holding you back?
Put your fears to rest with sedation dentistry from Visalia dentist Dr. Bodensteiner. If any of the following factors are preventing you from receiving vital dental treatment or smile-enhancing cosmetic procedures, you might want to consider trying sedation dentistry.
- an extremely sensitive gag reflex
- anxiety over potential needles, drilling, or paint involved in some procedures
- concern of discomfort from having your mouth open for an extended period of time
- bad dental experiences in the past
- sensitive teeth
- a physical disorder that makes sitting difficult
- the necessity of complex, or even multiple, dental procedures
These phobias shouldn’t dictate the condition and beauty of your smile. Experience the comfort of sedation dentistry and enjoy a better smile.
Give Sedation a Try
Have you tried sedation dentistry? Visalia dentist Dr. Bodensteiner will put you at ease with the form of sedation right for your level of fear or anxiety. We offer various forms depending on the sedation you need to feel comfortable.
- Numbing gel: This is the most common form of sedation we offer. We begin with a custom blended topical numbing gel, followed by an injection, applied only to the area of the mouth being worked on. This allows us to focus the numbing only on the specific tooth we are working on, leaving the rest of your mouth numb-free. Take control of your mouth with our area specific numbing gel!
- Oral conscious sedation: For our most fearful patients, oral conscious sedation is a great way to experience an anxiety-free visit. The patient takes a small pill which induces relaxation, but without knocking you out! Patients remain conscious and are able to respond to questions or instructions from Dr. Bodensteiner and the hygienists. If you are fearful of going to the dentist, talk to us about oral conscious sedation for your next visit.
- Nitrous oxide: Commonly known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is perfect for the moderately fearful patient. It has been used as an anesthetic in the dental industry since 1844 and has proven the test of time. A little uneasy about your next appointment? Ask us if nitrous oxide is right for you to calm your unease.
Contact us today to talk to Dr. Bodensteiner about your dental anxieties and we can suggest the perfect form of sedation dentistry for you!